Urology (from the Greek οὖρον: “urine”) deals with the treatment of urinary organs in both sexes. These organs are the kidneys, bladder, ureter and urethra. Urologists also treat diseases of male genital organs and, thus, take over some areas of andrology. Urology is also closely connected with nephrology, gynecology, neurology, oncology, venereology and surgery.
The first task of urology is the diagnosis and therapy of the organs of the genitourinary system. In Switzerland, it is conducted both manually and with the help of medical equipment (ultrasound, MRI), depending on the need.
Common surgical interventions in urology include:
- Treatment of prostate tumors with sparing surgical methods for the preservation of erectile function and normal urination.
- Operations on the external genitalia
- Transurethral resections of benign tumors of the prostate and bladder
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery of the retroperitoneal space
- Percutaneous removal of kidney stones
- Laser therapy of kidney tumors
- Corrective procedure for incontinence
- Surgery of kidney tumors
- Radical retropubic or perineal prostatectomy
Airdoc works with Swiss and foreign urologists who find an individual approach to each patient. When selecting clinics, we pay special attention to the infrastructure needed for a particular survey or treatment, and we choose only the best quality/price ratio for our clients.