Telemedicine becomes extremely important during a pandemic.
Telemedicine, especially in the form of a standard telephone consultation or a consultation by Skype or email, becomes extremely important during a pandemic.
This measure is a mean between a recommended and a compulsory one:
patients may be prevented from entering clinics or practices without calling ahead and having a telephone or online consultation.
- To prevent them from bringing the virus into hospitals, clinics and medical practices by infecting other patients and women in labour
- To identify symptoms and, if possible, to treat patients remotely
- To make sure that a medical consultation or hospitalization is needed and to refer a patient to another proper medical institution or to get prepared to see him/her
- Health insurance companies have been trying to make this form of medical care compulsory in Switzerland for a long time to reduce medical expenses
- Before the pandemic, telephone and online medical consultations have been compulsory only for holders of a special form of cheap insurance policies
- Due to the pandemic, telemedicine is becoming popular among doctors and clinics working with foreign patients
To book a consultation with a Swiss medical specialist please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org