Cardiology and cardiac surgery
Cardiology (gr. Καρδίᾱ kardiā, heart and λογια lógia, doctrine) is a medical discipline and a science that deals with the heart, its structures and functions in the body, as well as heart diseases and their treatment. Cardiology also includes the treatment of cardiovascular disease, and pediatric cardiology is an independent branch of pediatrics in Germany and Switzerland. Exclusively those doctors who have acquired and demonstrated special knowledge in the field of cardiology within the framework of special supplementary education can be called cardiologists in German-speaking countries.
Cardiology focuses not only on congenital and acquired heart diseases, but also on the circulatory system and blood vessels close to the heart. Cardiovascular diseases often involve high blood pressure (hypertension), stroke, occlusive arterial disease and many other diseases. Diagnosis and treatment of diseases not directly related to the heart overlap with other specialties, such as angiology, neurology, and pneumology.
Special tasks and procedures of cardiac treatment are:
- Detection and treatment of congenital and acquired heart diseases, circulatory system, cardiac vessels and pericardium (pericardium),
- Counseling and guidance of cardiovascular patients in rehabilitation, as well as their socio-medical assessment (occupational fitness),
- Intensive medical care,
- Ultrasound examination of the heart (eg, echocardiography, stress echocardiography, Doppler and duplex echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography),
- Diagnostic examination of the left and right cardiac catheters u. a. with coronary angiography,
- Electrocardiograms (ECG)Interventional antiarrhythmic therapy, including defibrillation and ablation
Cardiac surgery: Focus
Cardiac surgery is an independent medical discipline since 1993, which developed in the 20th century from cardiovascular surgery. Cardiac surgery deals with the surgical treatment of congenital and acquired diseases and traumas of the heart and blood vessels close to the heart. Thus, a cardiac surgeon is also an expert in the field of cardiology and vascular surgery. A major role in heart surgery is played by various grafts, but the most common operations are coronary artery surgery and heart valve surgery.
Among other things, cardiac surgery includes:
- Therapeutic coronary interventions (eg, PTCA, stent implantation, atherectomy, rotabilization, brachytherapy)
- Installation of pacemakers
- Post-operative care
Treatment in Switzerland with Airdoc
In Switzerland, you can expect an excellent quality of medical care in combination with a comfortable stay, which is comparable with a vacation. Clinics in Switzerland combine an undeniable proven quality and a warm attitude to patients. Airdoc works with Swiss and foreign medical specialists who find an individual approach to each patient. When selecting clinics, we pay special attention to the infrastructure needed for a particular check-up or treatment, and we choose only the best quality/price ratio for our clients.
Airdoc connects you with the best doctors in Switzerland, abroad and online.
Warning: Use of undefined constant en - assumed 'en' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/airdocgm/www/airdoc.ch/wp-content/uploads/cache/3235b6c36b6561e68c552e3fde63b83d5ba06050.php on line 84
Warning: Use of undefined constant ru - assumed 'ru' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/airdocgm/www/airdoc.ch/wp-content/uploads/cache/3235b6c36b6561e68c552e3fde63b83d5ba06050.php on line 87
Warning: Use of undefined constant de - assumed 'de' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/airdocgm/www/airdoc.ch/wp-content/uploads/cache/3235b6c36b6561e68c552e3fde63b83d5ba06050.php on line 90